Thursday, September 3, 2009

Canal Project

I personally feel that the turtles should come first in this situation. I understand that water is extremely important, but there are other ways to get water and there are only so many places where turtles can live. I honestly don’t know what I would do if I had to make a decision about this. I would probably find a way to fix what I needed without making a huge change to the turtle population.

The zoology from this situation plays a large role. The water people need to understand the life of a turtle and how important they are to our environment. It would be helpful for them to know more about the history of turtles, so they would have an understanding of why people are so passionate about having them in the canal.

The population of turtles would go down if this project were put through. I don’t think that there would be specific traits that would be passed on because in this case it is luck of the draw. It is not targeting any specific type of turtle; the project would simply hurt that turtles that interfere with the project. The turtles that are not affected are a random bunch of turtles, so there is not one specific trait that would save them because it all depends on the location of the nests.

No comments:

Post a Comment