Thursday, September 3, 2009

Turtles

This is very upsetting. I understand why Veolia wants to do this project but surely there must be a way to protect the banks of the canal while also protecting the White River’s turtle population. In this situation, the turtles are right and should be protected. If I were the head of Veolia, I would slow the pace of the construction project or halt it all together. I would reevaluate the plans and see how they could be altered or bettered so that they respect and preserve the turtles. If Veolia considered zoology, they would realize how many turtles could be harmed and killed. Should Veolia execute their current plan, I expect many turtles to die. A few turtles might be able to survive the impossible conditions, how I don’t know, and continue the race. But the project’s results will continue to destroy this race until it goes extinct or adapts.

No comments:

Post a Comment