Friday, September 4, 2009

Tenacious Turtle Troubles.

I personally think that the water company is wrong. They should not be, in my opinion, justified to destroy natural habitat like that. I think in this situation that the turtles are right. I like turtles. They are just living their little turtle lives in the canal and then Veolia Water comes along and wants to destroy their baby making grounds. If I were the water company, I wouldn't mess with the turtles. If the canal gets clogged, thats only natural. Rivers have soil and silt in them, thats just the way it is. Zoology plays into this because the water company needs to think how their projects affect natural wildlife. They need to make sure that they don't destroy any habitat because one small change could completely jumble up the ecosystem. If this project does go through, the population could be devastated as this could drastically affect where they lay their eggs when Veolia takes away this part of the habitat. I don't think that certain traits would be selected as this project is just taking away grounds to lay turtle eggs, but possibly turtles who could climb better could survive and reproduce better.

No comments:

Post a Comment